400 Level Microbiology and Immunology
How can you study Microbiology and Immunology at 4th year?
Are you interested in further research in Microbiology and Immunology beyond 300-level?
There are a number of ways to study Microbiology and Immunology at 4th year level including BSc (Hons), PGDipSci and MSc. For information on the BSc (Hons), PGDipSci and MSc courses click here.
Entry to postgraduate Microbiology degrees is based on your grades and generally you will require a B+ average in your Microbiology papers to enter the courses. Entry to postgraduate courses in Microbiology requires an application and you can get an application forms from the Microbiology Reception, Student Help Desk in the ISB, Science Division office in Union Court or online.
To discover more about your postgraduate options make an appointment to discuss the options with the supervisor of a laboratory you would be interested in joining. What type of Microbiology or Immunology do you like? Is anyone there doing that type of research? If so, then go and talk to people in the lab and the supervisor.
4th year papers in Microbiology and Immunology:
- MICR 461 Molecular Microbiology »
- MICR 462 Microbiology and Immunology Research »
- MICR 463 Trends in Microbiology »
- MICR 464 Medical Microbiology and Immunology »
- MICR 480 Research Project (limited to PGDipSci) »
- MICR 490 Research Project (limited to BAppSc(Hons), BSc(Hons), PGDipSci) »
- MICR 495 / IMMU 495 Masters Thesis Preparation (limited to MSc) »